Minecraft modifications or simply "mods" are a large part of the Minecraft experience for many players. They can be simple performance improvements and visual tweaks to gameplay-altering ones. With the vast variety and functionality of mods out there, it can be confusing to know which ones are and aren't allowed. This guide will outline what mods and clients can be used while playing on SouthHollow.
Important Note: Before using any modifications please be aware that all use of modifications on our server is at your own risk, including the ones we list as examples in this guide. This is because we can't review every version of every modification, and as such, we cannot provide any guarantees of modifications being within our server rules.
Please ensure any modifications you do install are obtained from legitimate sources such as the creator's website, GitHub, etc. Unofficial downloads from other sources may not behave as expected. They could contain bugs, unadvertised features (which could result in punishments on our server), or even malware
- Lunar | You must disable client features that may give you an unfair advantage over users who dont use that client.
- Optifine Permitted
- Toggle Sprint Permitted
- Minimap and Maps Permitted
- Armor and Potion HUDs Permitted
- Gamma Permitted
- Schematica Permitted
- Damage Indicators Permitted
- Image Uploading Mods Permitted
- Inventory Tweaks Permitted
- Co-Ordinate Mods Permitted
- Saturation Mods Permitted
- Cape Mods Permitted
- Client Side Chat Mods Permitted
- Shaders Permitted
What if a mod or client isn't listed?
Assume you can't use it, even if you believe it complies with our rules.
Want a mod or client added?
We have limited experience with these clients and mods. As such, we may sanction features that we have limited knowledge about. You can contact a staff member and showcase how a certain client feature should/n't be allowed so we can create a more specific usage list.
The SouthHollow network does not endorse any of the mods named above, which are provided solely as examples of commonly used modifications on our server. We (SouthHollow) are not the developers of any of the named modifications, unless explicitly noted, and we do not have control over those modifications.
- We are not responsible for the behavior or actions of any modification, which may be updated or changed (even automatically) at any time by their individual developers.
Last Updated 2/21/22